Monday 28 September 2009

Bangkok, September 2009

Aloha, just got back from Pitlochry yesterday ... and had a stinking cold the whole week. Think all the hotel guests thought I had swine flu. I didn't. Just a snotty nose and a high temperature ... baggy, red-rimmed eyes ... constant sneezing, sweating, wheezing and coughing. Other than that, I was damned gorgeous - although it's only me saying that. At least I managed to sit relatively quietly through 5 plays at the theatre ... although I did almost hyperventilate early in the week whilst trying to suppress a cough at a key point of a play. Swear I thought one of the attendants was ready to start CPR on me.

Anyway, for a short period of time we can still comment on the Big Yin's farewell tour before he goes mountaineering full time. Apparently he won his doubles match with Simon today (you listened to me, for once, my Big Pixie). Well done to both of them. God practice for the singles. Tomorrow my Big Pixie plays Petzschner. Hope it's on a livestream ... and I ain't sitting at work wheezing over the keyboard.

FG

PS The Davis Cup tie probably brought on the breakdown in my immune system. What an utter disaster. John Lloyd plays someone who has never played a DC rubber in the decider that would decree who ends up relegated to the Rubber Duck Zone. Aaaargh. Think Andy will be telling them to get stuffed when it comes to future DC ties. Fleming and Skupsi should have been in the team for the doubles. They are showing a lot of flair at the moment as a team.

Think I will apply for John Lloyd's job when it comes up.

7 comments:

  1. Hopefully I am now on this blog and able to comment - thanks for working so hard to sort it all out for us.

    I too saw he'd won with Gilles - nice team-up. Would have paid good monry to watch that one. Am I right in thinking he may have Petzschner in the dubs as well possibly???? Freaky or what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies - in case anyone thinks I am going mad and taking over here. I pressed for the wrong screen and my comment on this thread somehow appeared as a new blog entry - but anyway - Marat won, so all good news wherever I managed to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is my Big Pixie listening to his Fairy Godmother now? Look at those net results!!! LMAO. Not before time, you git. Will expect this standard on the seniors tour.

    Didn't see any of the match as I was wheezing over my keyboard. As anticipated, I'm being placed in quarantine by the department. Excellent, wonder if I could bypass the IT section and log on to a livestream ... if only.

    Looks as if my Big Pixie may not play singles again until Thursday. I was told that he played very well today - so keep it up sunshine. Get through another round or two and I can watch it live at the weekend.

    And, the organisers are apparently planning a party for him - they are asking the fans to nominate what they should do to say cheerio to him.

    Can I suggest:

    A game of musical chairs, and some jelly and ice-cream (ok, it's been a few years since I was last at a party).

    A woolly hat, gloves and knee-high socks (or long-johns) for his mountaineering trips. He needs to be well wrapped up - particularly if he goes up something about 20,000 feet(hopefully not).

    Miss Bangkok's phone number. Kiddin', he's already got it ... kiddin' again. Let's not start any rumours here. It was a joke.

    ... and make him wear a Scottish kilt on the evening (that's just for me .... I want to see that photo before I die ... LMAO. Think he'd suit a Black Watch tartan.

    Match stats from today:

    Safin Petzschner
    Aces 7 0
    Double Faults 6 5
    1st Serve % 54% 58%
    1st Serve Pts Won 33/41 (80%) 32/49 (65%)
    2nd Serve Pts Won 18/35 (51%) 16/36 (44%)
    Break Pts Won 4/10 (40%) 1/3 (33%)
    Net Service Pts Won 51/76 (67%) 48/85 (56%)
    Net Return Pts Won 37/85 (77%) 25/76 (49%)
    Net Pts Won 88/161(55%) 73/161(45%)

    FG

    PS Unfortunately the wean lost in her first math today. Do you think I could be her new coach? She needs a bit more positivity courtside these days to boost that self-esteem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the invite, FG - as a fellow Scot, albeit an Antipodean one, I couldn't agree with you more about the tartan - Black Watch is quite fetching, and Marat would look seriously HOT in a kilt...the problem would be what he would wear WITH the kilt...in my minds eye I see the Ed Hardy Tshirt and a Billabong hoodie..now THAT would be a sight for sore eyes!! because we don;t have may photos, I'll post the link to the latest set from Beijing - blue sky and sunny smiles - and a 'naughty schoolboy' look - can't get MUCH better than that.....can it(apart from the kilt shot of course...)

    http://sports.sohu.com/20091003/n267155416.shtml

    http://www.osports.cn/photo.do?photoId=2957161&bagId=358537

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh...don't know how to post a 'live' link - copy and paste for those who haven;t seen the pics - they are well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. err...still finding my way round this blog...FG hope the dreaded cold get better soon !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aloha from the Land of Snot. I have been hidden under a quilt for 4 days, with a supply of legal drugs, and have been unable to find the will to post ... 3 friggin' weeks suffering a cold. That's not natural! I question if I have a pulse, never mind an immune system, these days ... although I have managed to keep an eye on my Big Pixie's progress ... off to the Beijing post now in a Lem-Sip induced haze ...

    Bangkok ... hmmm. I'll say no more my Big Pixie. Aye, right ... I still expect more in the remaining tournaments. You've got nothing to lose.

    FG

    PS I got the party thing wrong - it's Beijing apparently. Can't wait to see the pics ... he'll probably look miserable as sin. Fuss fuss fuss ... LMAO.

    PPS Inez - I tried to upload some pics to this Bloggy ... and with my usual technical ability, couldn't. You're supposed to 'just upload the url'.

    Aye, right.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.